Jun 21, 2009

Sneijder wants Madrid stay


Wesley SneijderDutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder has "no intention" of leaving Real Madrid.

The influential midfielder has been the subject of transfer talks with links to clubs in the Premier League, namely Arsenal and Tottenham.

Much speculation has arisen about the Dutch international's place at the Bernabeu after the signings of superstars Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo during the transfer window.

Speaking to AS, he said: "I have no intention of leaving Real Madrid,

"Nobody called me to speak about that and what I want to do is stay at Madrid because I battled hard to join this club and being successful in this shirt is my aim.

"No doubt about it. I am pretty much relaxed and cannot wait to get back to work.

"Playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka or Franck Ribery is an honour for every player."

Sneijder it seems, has another battle waiting for him, a place in midfield.


No comments:

Post a Comment